Omar Alrawi is pursuing a PhD in ECE at Georgia Tech. He has a CS and Math BS degree and a Master’s in Info Sec. He enjoys working on interesting problems pertaining to security and large datasets. He is a tech enthusiast and his passion lies in the intersection of different sciences and math.
- Specialization; Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Programming; Python, C/C++, Java, etc.
- Data science; ML, numpy/scipy, scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, gnuplot
- Design and architcture; software and infrastructure
- System engineering and administration; Linux, Virtualization, Docker, salt
- Project/people managment; mentoring, team lead, SME, consulting, training
- Omar Alrawi, Aziz Mohaisen; Chains of Distrust: Towards Understanding Certificates Used for Signing Malicious Applications, WWW 2016 Companion, April 2016
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; Behavior-based Automated Malware Analysis and Classification, Elsevier Computers & Security, 2015
- A Mohaisen, AG West, A Mankin, O Alrawi; Chatter: Classifying Malware Families Using System Event Ordering. IEEE CNS 2014
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; AMAL: High-Fidelity, Behavior-based Automated Malware Analysis and Classification. WISA 2014. Best Paper.
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; AV-Meter: An Evaluation of Antivirus Scans and Labels. DIMVA 2014.
- Aziz Mohaisen, Omar Alrawi, Andrew G. West, and Allison Mankin; Babble: Identifying Malware by Its Dialects. IEEE CNS 2013.
- Aziz Mohaisen, Omar Alrawi, Matt Larson, and Danny McPherson; Towards A Methodical Evaluation of Antivirus Scans and Labels. WISA 2013.
- Omar Alrawi*, Aziz Mohaisen*; Unveiling Zeus Automated Classification of Malware Samples. WWW Workshops 2013.
* contributed equally
- Georgia Institute of Technology, PhD in ECE (enrolled)
- Purdue University, Master’s of Information Security (CERIAS) 2009
- Purdue University, Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Mathematics 2007
- Sr. Engineer, Qatar Computing Research Institute, 2013-2016
- Security Engineer - Security Intelligence, VeriSign - iDefense, 2011-2013
- Consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton, 2009-2011
- Web Application Developer, Purdue Univeristy Graduate School, 2007-2009
- Internship - IT Engineer, Cisco Systems, Summer 2008